Hello and welcome to the first series of Behind the Source. I've spent the last few months sourcing, persuading and pleading with people to be interviewed, so we can take a peak behind the masks of developers, designers and people in the web.
Lined up I have 8 fantastic interviews with people from all walks of life and have posed to them the same 8 questions about their jobs, their backgrounds, their feelings about the industry and what tools they use to do their work.
Over the course of the series, you'll notice a theme which runs through each of the interviews. It is one that will probably come as no surprise. Our industry is filled with lovely, open, sharing people but also intoxicated with prejudice, gatekeeping cliques. I hope, for everyone's sake, the former outweigh the latter.
I would like to thank every single one of the interviewees for giving up their time to answer the questions.
The following interviews will be going live over the next couple of months. Each Monday at 9am BST, starting on 4th May 2020.
- S01E01: Sara Vieira (@NikkitaFTW) - 4th May 2020
- S01E02: Josh Hudson (@joshyhud) - 11th May 2020
- S01E03: Stephanie Stimac (@seaotta) - 18th May 2020
- S01E04: Cassie Evans (@cassiecodes) - 25th May 2020
- S01E05: Al Power (@alpower) - 6th July 2020
- S01E06: Stuart Nelson (@stuartjnelson) - 13th July 2020
- S01E07: Matt Stow (@stowball) - 20th July 2020
- S01E08: Cassidy Williams (@cassidoo)- 27th July 2020